I have been exploring ways to help people heal from injury, trauma and chronic pain for many years, starting with what has worked for me. I was first exposed to empowerment-based self-defense through victim advocacy 30 years ago. Empowerment Self-Defense (ESD) led me tomartial arts, which then led me to healing arts including: Therapeutic Massage, Healing Touch, Yoga, Ritual Arts and Somatic Therapies. I combine a variety of modalities in my work, tailored to the needs and interests of individuals, couples and groups. I am invested in healing at the intersections of gender-based violence and racialized violence.
I am a Board Certified Massage Therapist (BCTMB), Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner (SEP) and SomaYoga Instructor (YTT 200). I offer trauma-informed therapies for individuals, as well as for credit personal sessions and consultations for SE students at all levels Beg.- Adv. as well as SE consultation groups. I am also certified in Trauma First Aide™.
In addition to working with clients privately, I regularly offer study groups and workshops for body-oriented therapists seeking to deepen their knowledge about working with trauma and for psychotherapists who want to incorporate more touch and movement into their practices. (Available for Sessions and Consulations for SE students at all levels and Group Consult for Beg.- Int.)
Areas of interest and experience include:
- work with survivors of sexual abuse and sexual assault
- work with LGBTQIA people
- work related to undoing white body supremacy and countering the toxic effects of racism
- work with individuals and couples to improve intimacy and communication
- work with unaccompanied youth / emerging adults in shelter settings
- work with Native women in recovery
- work with torture survivors
(Languages spoken include English and French.)
Workshop topics include:
- Boundaries, Self-Care and Safety
- Sexual Negotiation and Consent
- Self-Touch for Self-Regulation and Healing
- Yoga for Anxiety, Depression and Chronic Pain
- Self-Care for Providers
- Best Practices for Trauma-Informed Bodywork
- Sacred Sexualty as a Path to Health and Wellness
- Queer and Trans Cuddle Parties
Please refer to the "Services" or "Upcoming Events" section for more details and do not hesitate to reach out for further information. For a complete bio including my educational background, simply text me at (612) 327-0576 or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you. My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org.